Saturday 7 October 2017

Brads' Choice Pics - Fog Squadron




Fog Squadron

I took this shot about 3 1/2 years ago, in fact, it is 3 shots composited.

Goulburn is often blanketed in early morning fog throughout Autumn and for years I've been a sucker for the fog, I usually take quite a few pics along the river banks and in town during the season.

The donor images here were captured on my old iPhone 4S, I carry a smartphone with me at all times, have done for years, but in this case, I was running a little workshop for some disabilities students on how to use your iPhone for photography. Looking along the river I noticed how the ducks kept coming in to land in small groups, then flying off again.

I figured if I could get a few shots from the same vantage point and stack them in Photoshop I could get a better effect that expressed the concept more fully and happily that's how it worked out.

The image is one I will print to canvas in the near future, I have just the spot for it.

The river, by the way, is actually called the Mulwaree Ponds, it is one of two rivers in my hometown of Goulburn NSW.

No comments:

Post a Comment